Saturday, April 27, 10AM to 3PM
Help Us Celebrate the Arrival of Spring with Fun Events for the Whole Family
Hammonasset Beach State Park and The Friends of Hammonasset will be celebrating Earth Day on Saturday, April 27, 2019.
The Earth Day Theme for 2019 is saving and protecting endangered species.
Admission is free and events will run from 10am-3pm
Activities will be scheduled at the Meigs Point Nature Center and at other points around the park.
Events and exhibitors include:
- The Archaeology Road Show and Open House at MPNC – Please bring your artifacts for identification.
- Atlatl Demonstrations with Gary Nolf
- The Menunkatuck Audubon Society
- Beach and Trail Maintenance: Pitch In Pick Up- Keeping the beach clean and free of debris is important for the health of birds and aquatic animals. Please visit our table in the Nature Center any time between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm and help with some beach clean-up.
- Friends of the Office of the State Archaeologist
- Guided Geology/Nature hike honoring the memory of noted geologist Sid Horenstein: Led by Don Rankin and beginning at 1pm.